The Amethyst Pass
Awarded on a means-tested basis by departmental Councils to seniors and disabled people living in the Ile-de-France region, this annual pass offers unlimited rides on all modes of transport within the selected zones.
- Within the selected fare zones, the Amethyst pass is valid on every transport modes (subway, train/RER, bus, T Zen and tram) except some direct lines to airports (Orlyval, Le Bus Direct Paris Aéroport shuttles, VEA Disney shuttles) and tourist buses (OpenTour and Cars Rouges).
- The Amethyst pass allows its holder to travel free in the whole Ile-de-France region during the week-ends, public holydays, Paris-area school holidays and during summer from July 15 to August 15, regardless of the fare zones of the pass (“rezoning”).
- Outside rezoning periods, Amethyst pass holders can buy a “complément de parcours” when traveling by train beyond the fares zones of their pass. It allows them to pay only the part of their trip outside the fare zones of their pass.
- A weekly or monthly Navigo pass of different fare zones can also be loaded onto the Navigo card in addition to an Amethyst pass.
The Amethyst pass is loadable only onto a Navigo card (it cannot be loaded onto a Navigo Découverte card, a Navigo Annuel card or a Navigo Imagine R card).
Conditions of eligibility
The Amethyst pass is destined to seniors and disabled people of the Ile-de-France region who meet some conditions regarding their income or their status.
The Amethyst passes are funded by the departmental Councils of Ile-de-France, who decide on eligibility and zoning validity awarded. They may also request a financial contribution from the recipients.
- Pass awarded by the City of Paris : Amethyst Emerald pass with zones 1-2 or 1-5
- Pass awarded by the Seine-et-Marne Department : Amethyst pass with zones 4-5 or 1-5
- Pass awarded by the Yvelines Department : Amethyst pass with zones 3-5 or 1-5
- Pass awarded by the Essonne Department: Amethyst pass with zones 3-5 or 1-5
- Pass awarded by the Hauts-de-Seine Department: Amethyst pass with zones 1-5
- Pass awarded by the Seine-Saint-Denis Department: Amethyst pass with zones 3-5, 2-5 or 1-5
- Pass awarded by the Val-de-Marne Department: Amethyst pass with zones 1-5
- Pass awarded by the Val-d’Oise Department: Amethyst pass with zones 4-5, 3-5 or 1-5.
How to get it ?
To get your Amethyst pass, you first have to acquire a personalized Navigo card (with your name, firstname and photo).
If you do not already possess a Navigo card, you can get one :
- immediately in any commercial agency (with an identity document and a proof of address)
- or within 3 weeks if you order it online (on www.navigo.fr), or by mail (filling and sending back a registration form available in the RATP and Transilien SNCF stations), or by phone (contacting the Navigo agency).
To apply for your Amethyst pass, contact your departmental Council or the social welfare centre of your municipality.
Your departmental Council will examine your application and send you your rights to the Amethyst pass if you meet the required conditions.
You will the be able to load your Amethyst pass onto your Navigo card :
- At ticket offices and on automatic ticket machines in RATP and Transilien SNCF stations ;
- Online, on www.navigo.fr, provided that you possess a contact smartcard reader (sold at tickets offices in the stations).
For more information
Contact your departmental Council to find out the specific eligibility criteria and the application process for your Amethyst pass in your Department.
Contact - Customer services
- For application and renewal of your Amethyst pass :
Contact your your departmental Council or the social welfare centre of your municipality.
- For after-sales service on Navigo card (in case of loss or theft for instance) :
95905 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex
Phone number : 0969 39 66 66 (number without additional charge)
For further information on Navigo after-sales services, download the General terms and conditions of use of the Navigo card (in french)
How can I use my Navigo card to travel beyond the zones of my Navigo pass ?
If I hold a 2-zone Navigo pass (weekly, monthly or annual), a 2-zone Navigo Solidarity pass (weekly or monthly) or an Amethyst pass, I can buy a “complément de parcours” (trip complement) when I travel by train (RER RATP, SNCF Transilien) beyond the zones of my pass. This allows me to pay only the part of the trip outside the zones already covered by my pass. The « complément de parcours » is directly loaded on my Navigo card.
To know !
- Since the « complément de parcours » is a fare for immediate use, it has the highest priority among the season fares loaded on your Navigo card. It will get validated by the next travel following the purchase. It has to be used within 3 hours after purchase and remains valid 3 hours after its first validation.
- You can buy only one “complément de parcours” at a time: it is not possible to buy a return-ticket, or a book of “compléments de parcours”.
- Your “complément de parcours” is not valid in the bus or Noctilien, nor in the tram network.
Please note: if you hold a monthly or annual pass, you can travel on any mode within all the Ile-de-France region during rezoning.
How to get it ?
You can buy it at full price (or half-price if you are entitled to travel with a Solidarity Transport Reduction) on automatic ticket machines or at ticket offices in RATP and Transilien SNCF stations. It is neither sold onboard buses, nor in accredited shops
- You can only buy it at the station where your trip begins.
"Rezoning" : when can I use my Navigo card within all Ile-de-France ?
All holders of a monthly or annual pass (2-zone Navigo pass, 2-zone Navigo Solidarity pass or Amethyst pass) are allowed to travel on all the public transports of Ile-de-France with their regular subscription, regardless of the selected zones of their pass :
- During the week-ends
- During public holidays
- During Paris-area school holidays
- During summer, from July 15 to August 15